captain Smith gets back to business


Johannesburg:(NIE) After a few days hectic of interviews and public appearances to celebrate the captaincy has tested 100, I looked forward Graeme Smith on Thursday to return to the core business of the leadership of the cricket team in South Africa in the first Test against Pakistan starting from Stadium Wanderers on Friday."It was emotional and humbling," said Smith of the iceberg public praise and adulation that preceded him to become the first man in history to captain 100 times in tests."When I wake up tomorrow, turning 32 and leading up to South Africa will be one of the greatest moments in my career and my life."He played his 100 Test against England at the Oval last year gave him "a little taste" to deal with a major milestone.Was proud of such success - scored a century and South Africa won by roles - but said it was different this time because he was at home."The advantage was then that I was in a foreign country and you are able to create a small space."Being in South Africa during the past few days was incredible.'ve Been walking around in a constant uproar."This afternoon and evening obviously a crucial time in terms of our preparation and to make sure that I get some space to focus on my game."It was a difficult team training sessions and hard and that was a really good study. Team is in a good place."Saturday and Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula next to Smith in the captain's press conference before the game, which he said was "a special occasion".Smith praised the flexibility and ability to inspire young people in South Africa, describing it as "a model of human perfection."Smith said he felt that flexibility was one of the main qualities as captain after he took the job in 2003 at the age of 22.He said, "There are a lot of periods of growth, people must be patient with me, and I feel that from the back end of 2007 and early 2008 was the first time I got really understand what was going to work," he said."The last five to six years is the time I felt really in control of the leadership, and the direction of the team and what it involves to be PROTEAS captain."From the perspective of the team, winning back-to-back in England and Australia (in 2008 and 2012) and probably was a great achievement. And the other thing I'm proud of is to be able to play the game in my country. Opening batting difficult.He said he regretted not being able to lead South Africa to the World Cup title, but still hopes to be part of the challenge to host the World Cup as a player, having given up the captaincy for one day after the failure of the 2011 campaign.He added the wake of the World Cup, when he was criticized for not returning with the team, was the low point. "I took my self-esteem and confidence of whack."He praised coach Gary Kirsten Smith to convince him to continue the test leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment